The Computer Programs Provisions of Canada’s new Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) will come into force on January 15, 2015. If your organization is involved in the installation of computer programs or mobile apps, you will not want to miss this important webinar exclusive to RCC members. Hear firsthand from Government enforcement officials and the agency responsible for compliance with the new requirements.
You will learn:
• If CASL’s computer program provisions apply to you
• What types of programs are covered (e.g.: updates, cookies, HTML, etc.)
• When consent is required and how to obtain it
• Disclosure requirements
• The meaning of key terms such as “cause the installation of software”
• Coming into force, grandfathering and transition provisions