- What can Retail Council of Canada do for me?
- I already belong to other associations. Why should I join RCC?
- Who can join RCC?
- Do I have to be a member to use any of the programs or attend events and or receive correspondence like newsletters?
- If I have more than one store does each store need a separate membership?
- Do I have to have a merchant account with Chase Paymentech to benefit from the Visa MasterCard and Debit preferred rates?
- Do I have to use a Chase Paymentech terminal to receive preferred rates?
- Do you have a preferred rate for American Express?
- Can I have my business account with any bank?
- Do I have to sign a contract with RCC to become a member?
- How do I take advantage of your benefit programs other than merchant discount rates?
- Where is my member number found?
1) What can Retail Council of Canada do for me?
Retail Council of Canada (RCC) is a not-for-profit association for retailers in Canada. RCC offers programs and services that help lower your operating costs to help your business grow. RCC also represents the needs of retailers to politicians and government officials at all levels and advocates to support retail-friendly legislation in Canada.
2) I already belong to other associations. Why should I join RCC?
RCC is the voice of retail in Canada. Our members receive relevant retail research and data, an award-winning retail magazine, weekly e-newsletter, as well as access to exclusive retail programs and services.
3) Who can join RCC?
RCC has two categories of members; Retailers and Non-Retailers. Retail members provide products and services to the end user and consumers. Non-Retailers provide products and services to retailers.
4) Do I have to be a member to use any of the programs, attend events and receive correspondence such as newsletters?
Non-members can only receive limited information from our website. They can attend events, and participate in educational programs, but the costs to do so as a non-member are much higher. In some cases, the difference is 20 to 40 per cent more. Non-members can subscribe to our e-newsletter, but must purchase a subscription to our magazine, Canadian Retailer.
Only Members are given unlimited access to Group Discount Programs, research, data and resources through RCC’s members-only website. They also receive a subscription to Canadian Retailer.
5) If I have more than one store does each store need a separate membership?
If your stores are owned under the same holding company and sell similar merchandise, one membership will cover all your locations. All your locations would be linked to the main store and be entitled to receive the savings and programs RCC offers. If your stores operate as separate entities, or different owners, then you will need a separate membership for each store.
6) Do I have to have a merchant account with Chase Paymentech to benefit from the Visa, MasterCard, and Debit preferred rates?
Yes, you must have a merchant account with Chase Paymentech.
7) Do I have to use a Chase Paymentech terminal to receive preferred rates?
Yes, you must have a Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal or processing system through Chase Paymentech.
8) Do you have a preferred rate for American Express?
No, they do not offer any association preferred discount merchant rates.
9) Can I have my business account with any bank?
Yes you can. If you are a member of RCC, there is no cost to use Flex Banking with Chase Paymentech. Flex Banking means that you can deposit your funds into any Canadian bank of your choice at no additional cost from Chase Paymentech.
10) Do I have to sign a contract with RCC to become a member?
No, there is no contract to sign to become a member of RCC. The length of membership is one year from the month you join. Once your membership is up, we will contact you for renewal.
11) How do I take advantage of your benefit programs other than merchant discount rates?
Once your membership is active with RCC, you will receive a series of emails which will show you how to get engaged with the membership, outlining all of the benefits and all applicable contact information. You simply call the benefit partners directly with your RCC member number and start saving.
12) Where is my member number found?
The membership number is located on the welcome letter, contained in the welcome email(s) that was sent to you when you joined RCC. You can also find it on your renewal notice, under the heading “Member Number”.